Ads

Sunday, April 14, 2013

311

3 years ago, I decided to get committed into a serious relationship. 

I was young and foolish, haha, and decided that I should fuck my final year at school, and just get involved into an adult relationship. Little did I know that I found someone that I would wanna spend the rest of my life with. Well, hate to admit, we have our own issues. Commitment issues. Because getting into a serious relationship when you are young is really not a smart move. You get tied down, you have lesser room for self-exploration and you stopped looking around. 

Most of the time, I complained within myself, but then, everytime I look at the missus, I still feel butterflies in my stomach. And that, assures me every time, that this girl, really is the love of my life. 

I decided to write about how we celebrated our 11th April 2013, because we somehow forget what we have done to celebrate special occasions like these. 

I made early reservations with Huck's Cafe over Facebook. If you didn't already know, it's a place which serves Home Dining and has been a hype for a couple of years. I have always not managed to get a table, because like I said, you have to make reservations prior your dinner schedules. To avoid any last-minute cancellation, Huck's Cafe charges a booking fee of RM50. If any of you are reading this, and has plans to visit this cafe, PLEASE BRING ME ALONG, because I really want to give this a second go. 

Our meals were priced at RM88 per pax, which we got a:

1. Welcome Drink, each. 


Soda Ice with lil' tadpoles.

2. Appetizers. 



3. Soups, each. 
Blended pumpkin, with chunks of pumpkins. 

Blended Mushrooms with small chunks of celery, assorted mushrooms. 
4. Main course.
Slab of salmon, with chef's sauce, and sides.

Slab of steak, fried on-the-outside mash potato, and sides.
5. Another drink each, Umbra juice. (was busy eating, didn't have time to take pictures of them)

6. Desserts, each. 
Creme Brulee

Chocolate Mud Pie

7. Choice of Coffee (kopi-o, white coffee) or Tea (Earl Grey)


One thing about home dining, is that you won't be furnished with a menu. You have to browse through their "online" menu on Facebook, and when you made a reservation with them, you have to tell them what kind of mains you would want to have on that day. This is a down side for me, I would say. I had to decide for the missus what kind of mains she would want and that would be very unpredictable. So for a couple of days, I had to ask questions like, "If you are in a restaurant, what would you usually prefer to order? Like if you have a choice of beef, fish, seafood, or lamb, what would be your highest priority?"

The dinner place was supposed to be a surprise, so go figure the amount of white lies I had to do, until the night we had dinner. In the end, I told Huck that I wanted mains of beef and fish, and those two to be a surprise menu. Which means I didn't choose how I want them to be cooked, yay, that's how adventurous we were.

And they really knew what we wanted. Salmon - her favourite; and mine, red meat! Yay!

I really love their food, and especially their desserts. Heavenly!
Am really planning another return, since RM88 per pax is really worth the price. 

Missus taking every inch of the place ever since she gotten Instagram!

Preparing myself to war. 

Here's to growing old, together.
We were given a table outdoors, and it felt very private. Like a personal dining experience at a garden. 
I told the missus, "Don't be surprise if I suddenly get on my knees and propose..."

I guess she was secretly terrified the whole night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment