Clad in my coveralls, I can't help but feel like a bangla worker. Although most of the time, I'm only there to observe, gain experience, but I can't help but feel that perhaps, the commoners were right. This field, simply isn't a girl's playground. Sometimes, only sitting around, waiting for the operators to do their work, can be equally exhausting and tiring. My limited patience is also a factor. Waiting while doing nothing, really kills me, slowly from the inside. During operations, the supervisor in charged would buy food for the workers, including the engineers on duty. Eating out of the polystyrene box, (sometimes no spoon is provided;thus use your vivid imagination!), with no proper place to sit, and not surprising the condition of Lumut (you technically have to eat with flies!)..I feel like just like a bangla worker. [okay, no offence to Banglas, but you get my drift right?] Most of the time, I question myself, if this is what I want; if this is worth the UV rays.
For this operation, I had to be in the field for almost 12 hours straight. I see the (fucking!) hot sun, until they had to use the aid of spot lights for work. Is this what I want? As soon as the day light is gone, and the entire yard is only lighted up by spot light, I felt helpless. Surrounded with men, I felt like my safety parameter is almost gone.
Am I whining like a small kid? No. Because this is how I feel.
No comments:
Post a Comment