How I spend my final day off on my own?
Yesterday, I had to do a medical check up prior to the commencement of my new job. To my friends, many of you would have known my future path, but to some, who are still clueless, I am heading to an office job. A 9 to 5 position (fingers crossed!).
I was supposed to do it in September, but being me, a procrastinator by nature, I decided to put off what's important and realized that I've been 3 months overdue. So my office, being based in KL has all its panel clinics based so far from where I stay. I went to the nearest one, which I have to cross the LDP toll, BUT upon arrival, the doctor had the nerve to tell me that he declined doing my medical check up. Reason is, payment was difficult to obtain from my company.
Well, suck it Dr. I had to cross the toll for nothing, and have to pay even more extra toll to get to the other end of the city, to get the check up. At this point, you are damn right that I was so furious to the point, that you can imagine imaginary fumes coming out from every single outlet of my head. The new clinic has problems with parking. The vicinity has all kinds of mechanics and clinics, so every available parking spot was either being blocked or well, occupied.
Anyway, LUCK was on my side, because I ended up completing my check up, and even went elsewhere (and also found parking!) for a Chest X-Ray. I even managed to sneak a hearty lunch of Fish Head Noodles @ Woo Pin in Taman Desa after surviving the entire morning without breakfast. Now my only hope is that my check up doesn't have any major flaws which will put my job employment at stake.
So this morning, after dropping the missus off to work, I went for a lone breakfast at Banana Leaf in Centrepoint. For a RM4.70 breakfast, I abandoned it half way, considering there was no onion in my Roti Telur Bawang, and my Teh Ais KURANG MANIS tasted like crap.
I decided to patron Starbucks after that, and like every visits I have, it feels like home here.
The barristas even remembered me, and went to the point of praising me in a red shirt.
Well, I don't know if it's the Toffee Nut Frap which is making my day, or if it's the people in red merry shirts, but I'm liking it every single minute now.
No comments:
Post a Comment