I blame myself for not being so meticulous about things.
Like how I couldn't/didn't see the structure shifted on the barge, so I wasn't able to trace out the actual position of the boogies on the barge.
In the end, when I submitted to the senior colleague, he replied in a harsh manner that it was totally wrong, and that I should read the drawings carefully and not always ask only.
Okay, maybe it was not harsh, but it was really straight to the point. I was upset of course, not sure if it's because of this treatment, or because I am a four-eyed, yet didn't even notice this slight change, at all.
Then it got me thinking.
It incurred to me that I was asking around for answers.
To them, I was a dependent person. Always asking for the right answers.
To me, because this is an entire new field, and I felt that I should always ask for answers before doing anything, in case I did something wrong, then it would be a waste of time. I know, to some, this may seem to be frustrating because sometimes questions can be deemed as annoyance, or redundant, but I guess it is in my blood to ask.
Time and time, I feel that I am not suitable for this.
No comments:
Post a Comment