Ads

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

88


Ten ten ten...(10.10.10). According to those religious, this date bear no significance in the lunar calenders. Probably the only significance would be the number "10" which would ease the memory cells a little when asked, the special wedding anniversary, or the special birth date, etc.
For us, it would only be spending this date, to commemorate the very day before we signed the deal being together.

Or in other words, it was just an excuse for us to be all silly and fun and dangerous.

So she decided that we should have breakfast in Malacca, to which she INSISTED to have Chicken Rice Balls, no matter what. Not even ordinary Nasi Ayam could change her mind. Not even the idea of having to wake up at 7 in the morning to drive all the way for Chicken Rice Balls. Nope, not even that.

We managed to arrive SHORTLY before the queue builds up. Why, the idea of having coarse chicken meat being chewed, sliced slowly by the chunking movement of each teeth grinding against one another, was unbearable. Chicken meat was downright disappointing, and I dare to believe that Chickens in Ipoh is far off better! On the other hand, the balls were indeed something different to have for breakfast, and definitely worth the 2-hour drive. I would like to suggest this balls to be made bigger and stuffed with pieces of chicken/duck/lamb/beef bits for flavouring. Yeap, you've heard it first here, and remind me to copyright this idea, in case if any of the entrepreneurs decided to stumble on my blog and copy my "yet-to-be-patented" brilliant idea!

Anyway, before leaving the historic city, we walked around the quiet jonker street, only to have a couple of tens departed from us, for; ranging from food products to china-factory-produced handbags. I also managed to take the opportunity to do a couple of shootings with my newly bought Panasonic Lumix FZ100 and I was pretty sure many were curious with the gadget which I held firmly in my hands. Aah! I love it very much. Well, besides the stares I mean.

Before we left, we also managed to stop by this "infamous" Nyonya Cendol stall in between the shop lots and tried. Meh. The one in Kelana Jaya, sold by the mamaks would probably serve EVEN better cendols, but I am not a critic.
By afternoon, we've left Malacca to KL.

And of course, this has all happened prior to the tragic accident that happened on the very same day, caused by Delima Bus. Read here. The accident happened around 6 something in the evening on the very same highway that I took to Malacca and back. Should we have decided to stay and wait for the Jonker Street or have dinner in Malacca, it could be us who would fall as the victim of the driver's negligence, OR worst, we could be stuck in the jam for hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment