I just saw this album posted and facebook, and with itchy hands, I decided to explore.The title of the album was "2009-10-10 Prom Night Masquerade Night 09". Sounded familiar, heck! because I attended that before.
I scrolled through the albums to only find 1 picture of me. I guess you can't blame the person who uploaded this album right? You can't upload EVERYTHING but only bits and pieces of everyone instead. It sure has taken the organizers a very long time to upload this piece of album, because it's almost a year since the party has ended, and now, it's on facebook. Geezz..
Picture above: Ariff and I. One of the people whom I know earning in USD, every month. Working for the Blue Company they say. I am proud to say that we were once 'seat-mates' back in Marine Class. Thursday, and we would be sitted right beside one another. Checking out his iPhone and the apps.
Ok, enough. This isn't an entry on Ariff.
The point is, looking at this particular picture, actually reflected to me that so much has changed since. I've switched partners. I've graduated. I've joined the rat race (apparently I'm very far behind, worse, I'm stagnant!) and I've grown. Horizontally, and mentally.
When that picture was taken, I was still an individual which has confusion of personality. Didn't know how to fit in. Tries to, but with personality disorder.
But the person I am now, pretty much knows how to deal with her being different, and manage to pull them off, with a smile.
It hurts me, when her mum refers to me, as "that thing". When she told me that, it felt like I was some sort of disease that she had caught, and her mum still hopes that in due time, the daugther would recover and be well. I don't know about her thoughts, but it seems to me that the family is still hopeful that she would "recover". Well, whatever it is. I know, it must be hard for the mum to have to deal with this issue. Come to think of it, my mum has been dropping hints that she would tolerate no such abnormality in the house.
BUT I DON'T CARE.
It is not wrong. I'm just different.
p/s: If you are wondering what's with the multiple posts today, I'm stuck at work, with ZERO task.
No comments:
Post a Comment